IPL Hair Removal Handset
Frequently Asked Questions
IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light and has gained widespread popularity for the many benefits it affords the user. This modern technology aims to remove unwanted hair, slow the aging process by reducing wrinkles and perfect the skin tone by treating blemishes. Multiple uses of IPL also increase collagen production in the skin, leaving you glowing from the inside out! Due to IPL’s diverse range of uses and proven results, IPL is a must for anyone wanting to look and feel their best.
It is very important to shave any visible hair before use.
Ensure your skin is completely clean and dry (don’t use any gels or creams with your handset).
1) Plug the handset in and click the green button on the back to turn it on.
2) The green button is also used to switch through the intensity levels (1 for low – 5 for high).
The blue lights on the front will indicate the intensity level.
3) Make sure your intensity level is set to 1 if it is your first session.
For the best results, you should use your handset on the highest possible intensity level that isn’t painful. We recommend gradually increasing the intensity level after each session if the experience was not painful.
4) To use, ensure that the light window is completely flat against the skin. The pink light will begin to blink once you’ve placed the light window onto your skin. This indicates that the handset is ready to be used.
The handset has a sensor and will not flash unless the light window is in direct contact with your skin. If it is not in direct contact with your skin, the pink light will stay illuminated and the handset will not flash.
5) Click the Pulse button. Continue this over multiple areas until finished. Lift the head slightly after each pulse to avoid overheating.
For stubborn areas, we recommend that you treat the area up to 2 times per week and to try a higher intensity.
6) Press and hold the green button on the back to turn it off. Always disconnect device from the electricity supply when finished.
If you start feeling burning pain or discomfort, adjust the level down or stop using the device.
Is the fan on your device working? If not, please contact us at [email protected]
Otherwise please check this list to make sure you are using the device correctly.
Possibilities for painful experience with Lanveza IPL Handset:
– You have recently been exposed to the sun. We recommend staying out of strong sun exposure for 2 weeks before using our Handset.
– Your skin tone is darker than the recommended tones. Please check the skin tone chart on our website or in your user guide.
– You are using it at an intensity level that is too high for your skin. We always recommend starting with level 1 intensity to see how your skin reacts, if you had no adverse reactions or discomfort, you can gradually increase the level after each week of sessions. If you feel discomfort go back to a lower intensity.
– You have not shaved first. We always recommend shaving first because the IPL Handset may burn long hairs and it won’t be effective to target the hair root if the hair is too long.
– You are pressing down to hard on your skin, causing your skin to get in direct contact with the bulb.
– You are not lifting the Handset after each flash. Doing this could harm the device and yourself. We recommend slightly lifting the Handset after each flash to allow for cool air to cool down the quartz bulb.
– You are using the device on the same spot multiple times per session. We recommend only one pass over each spot then moving to a new spot, otherwise you could be harming your skin and the device.
– You applied a cooling gel, lotion or any other type of applicant before treatment. We don’t recommend using any lotion or ointment before treatment, our device is meant to be used without one.
IPL relies on melanin in the hair absorbing the light energy, and therefore IPL is not effective on very light blonde, red, or grey colored hair.
IPL is a form of light therapy. It emits a series of different wavelengths that scatter within the skin reaching various depths. Depending on its use, it will provide the user with the desired results – whether that be reduction of blemishes, pigment, wrinkles or hair! It is a very versatile technology.
There have been numerous worldwide studies that demonstrate the safety and effectiveness of IPL for hair removal. Due to this fact, it has become an extremely popular safe at home treatment.
We always advise that you exercise caution when treating yourself as not everyone is suitable for IPL treatments.Due to the level of melanin in the skin, some darker skin types will not be able to use IPL. The same applies if you have a recent tan. Additionally, we advise to check with your doctor first if you are taking medication that may make your skin sensitive to light.
Most customers begin to notice a reduction of hair after just 3-4 treatments, with complete results after 12 treatments. However, results vary from person to person.
Most IPL users face some discomfort akin to a rubber band being flicked.However, comparative to other treatments offered, IPL is much more tolerable and very popular.
No, it isn’t necessary to wear eye protection while using our handset.Our handsets are fitted with a sensor and will not pulse and light unless the entire window is pressed against your skin. That being said you should never try and look directly into the light as it flashes.
You can use your handset on your entire body, including your Brazilian and face (just be sure to not get too close to your eyes)
Yes, you should shave the desired areas before using your Lanveza handset.
Between treatments you should only shave when required. You should never wax, pluck, or epilate as these hair removal methods removes the entire root, which is what absorbs the light during the treatment.
IPL is suitable for all but the darkest skin tones. Refer to the skin tone chart below to see whether or not IPL is suitable for you. The Lanveza is suitable for skin tones fair to warm tan. If you have a skin tone of warm tan, we do advise to only use on Intensity level 1 and start by patch testing the Lanveza on Intensity level 1. Lanveza advises for everyone to start on Intensity level 1 and to always patch test before starting your treatments and when changing intensity level.
Although there is no evidence showing that IPL has negative effects on pregnant or breastfeeding women, we still don’t recommend using our handset as a precaution.
You should not IPL over very dark freckles or moles, however light freckles are fine.
Pregnant and nursing mothers. People with eczema, psoriasis,lesions, open wounds or active infections (e.g., cold sores) in the intended treatment area should wait for the area to completely heal before using the handset. People with a history of keloid scar formation. People taking medication which make the skin more sensitive to light,including non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents (N-SAIDs, e.g., aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen), tetracyclines, phenothiazines, thiazide,diuretics, sulfonylureas, sulfonamides, DTIC, fluorouracil, vinblastine, griseofulvin, Alpha-Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Beta-Hydroxy Acids (BHAs),Retin-A, Accutane (isotretinoin) and/or topical retinoids. People with abnormal skin conditions caused by diabetes or other systemic or metabolic diseases. People who are currently using or have recently used Alpha-Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Beta-Hydroxy Acids (BHAs), Retin-A,topical retinoids or azelaic acid. People who have used Accutane (isotretinoin) in the past 6 months. People who have used steroids in the last three months. People with a history of herpes outbreaks (unless a physician has administered a preventative treatment). People with epilepsy. People with active implants, e.g., a pacemaker, incontinence device, insulin pump, etc. People with a photosensitivity-related disease, e.g., porphyria, polymorphic light eruption, solar urticaria, lupus, etc. People with a history of cancer or areas of potential skin malignancies. People who have received radiation therapy or chemotherapy within the last 3 months.
You should not IPL over tattoos. However, going around tattoos is fine.
If you have recently been tanning, we recommend waiting 2 weeks before using your handset. You should wait 48 hours to tan after using your handset. Artificial tan should not be on your skin while using your handset.
Our handsets come with a 12V power supply.
Yes, our handsets come with a 12-month warranty.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping times vary depending on location, but allow at least 4-8 business days for your order to arrive. If your item takes over 20 business days to arrive don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] we will confirm the status for you.
For more details about shipping times: Click Here
*Please note processing time could take up to 3 business days
COVID-19 Notice: Some packages may experience a 1-2 week shipping delay, as our logistics partners try to circumvent global lockdowns.
We offer free express shipping worldwide!
Please note that we try to get the package to the destination as quick as possible, after it has arrived it is up to the local postal service to deliver your package in a timely manner.
For countries that we noticed have a slow or unreliable postal service we have added the option of Insured DHL Express delivery. As this is a private carrier we can confidently send your package securely, regardless of the country.
Lanveza is in no way responsible for any customs or import charges, charged to the customer by the shipping service.
We will send you a tracking number to your email once the package has been shipped. You can use this number to track your package here
All orders will typically be dispatched within 1-3 business day from our warehouse and all orders will include tracking from dispatch to delivery. All orders will be shipped in durable packaging to ensure your purchase is not damaged during transit. Lanveza is not responsible for delays, lost or damaged shipments or orders sent to incorrect, invalid addresses or correct addresses. It is always in our best interests to make sure you receive your parcel in a timely manner and Lanveza will assist as much as possible to trace a missing parcel. Lanveza is not responsible for refunds of shipping costs in the event of delayed shipping due to product availability.
Most likely you will not be charged any customs. In most cases we try to ensure that there are no customs charges upon arrival. But sometimes customs charges are out of our control and are dependent on the local government.
PLEASE DO NOT RETURN THE PACKAGE BEFORE CONTACTING US, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE PROCESSING YOUR REFUND IF YOU DON'T CONTACT US FIRST.
Hey we get it's hard to trust a product which sounds too good to be true. That's why we're proud to offer our 90 day money-back guarantee!
How to claim your money back:
1. Trial our Handset for at least 70 Days from date of delivery, but for no more than 90 days.
2. If you are not completely satisfied by the performance of our Handset, email a customer care representative at [email protected]
3. Once approved, return the our Handset (in its original packaging) via a trackable mail service 100 days from date of purchase to the address provided by our customer care representative.
4. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible claims will be deemed invalid.
Real postage costs for the sending and return of our Handset are the full responsibility of the Claimant and will not be refunded.
5. Once returned, our Handset's purchase price will be refunded to you.
Please note the 90 day guarantee is only available for the IPL Laser Hair Removal Handset.
All sales made are final. Lanveza is unable to cancel an order once submitted on the website. We expect all our customers to have done the due diligence before placing the order
If your package shows delivered while tracking it but you haven’t received it. We can dispute it for you. In order for us to do so, we will need a case number from the destination delivery partner (For Eg. USPS in the USA or Royal Mail in the UK). You can obtain one by calling them. This case number acts as an authorisation for us to dispute the delivery on your behalf as being the receiver the delivery can only be confirmed by you. Without this case number we are unable to dispute the delivery for you.